Friday, November 26, 2010

In Everything...


Well, I officially spent my first “real” holiday in a different country…and since it was Thanksgiving, this blog is going to be all about giving thanks to my faithful friend, comforter, Savior, and Lord. Oh, and don’t worry, I still had a very American Thanksgiving, other than the fact of working and being away with family. I taught all my kids about the history of Thanksgiving, introduced them to pumpkin pie, and Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving, and we even made a turkey, whose feathers were made up of all we were thankful for (that’s what the picture is) =)

First I want to say that I’m so thankful to the Lord for His faithfulness and strength. I know I’ve said this before in my blogs and probably/hopefully will continue to say it-God has taught me so much in my 3 ½ months I’ve been here in Mexico. And He is constantly giving me the strength to do things which on my own, I would never have done and been able to serve Him not of myself of Him.

Second, I want to thank the Lord for my amazing family, my second family here in Mexico (the Guzman’s-who provided a real Thanksgiving meal and invited me over to share it), my friends, both in the states and here -I can’t count the times where each one of them have offered me encouragement and prayers, which I’m indebted to (including y’all). As for my family, our skype dates and simple love even when we are not in the same country have been priceless, and I love every minute we can talk and catch up.

Third, I’m thankful for my rambunctious class-though at times they can be exasperating, I love them all so much. I can always count on them to make me smile and laugh-I love it! So though, it wasn’t easy not being able to spend Thanksgiving with my family and not really being able to talk to them yesterday, I’m blessed beyond measure, and I am content and just filled with thanksgiving-in everything, may I give thanks, which is the will of God in Christ Jesus (1 Thes. 5:18) What are y’all thankful for???

Because of Christ,
Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment