Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taking Advantage of Every Moment

Well, here I am, a few weeks short of having been here for 6 months-where did the time go? Last week, my kids were a little rambunctious to say the least. By Friday afternoon, if I were honest, I was ready for another Christmas break;) However, it is at those moments when I feel spiritually attack, and lies come that say, “I’m the worst teacher.” “I don’t have strength to go one; I am at the end of ideas” that when I come on my knees in front of my amazing God, that He uses the Holy Spirit to convict and comfort me-what a mighty, loving God we serve! While I was praying and feeling sorry for myself, the Holy Spirit reminded me that I was there to reach each kid in their own way, and it’s not about me at all. I had to ask myself, “Rhonda, how can you individually show the Lord to each of your students-reaching to the different needs.” And it was such a good time to refocus and think about which kids just needs support and love that they may not feel all the time, who needs encouragement that they are smart and can do it, or who needs someone to just understand that they are naturally energetic, and it’s not a bad thing, you just have to control it. So, I am now trying to be more intentional with my 6 main kids. I want to reflect the love of God in my every action and word to each of my kids. I am enjoying them so much, and they are so eager to learn, which means I need to take advantage of every moment I’m given with them to reflect Christ in my life, allowing the Holy Spirit to work through me and not try to do it on my own. So instead of looking at myself, may I look to the Author and Perfecter of my faith and allow Him to continue to transform me and give me wisdom as I minister to each of my kids.

Because of Christ,
Rhonda

2 comments:

  1. I love you! Children are such a joy but there are times of struggle in teaching them. However, like you said, they really just need the love of God invested in them. Continuing to pray for you and the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an amazing person Rhonda. God has such great and big plans for you and what you are doing while you are in Mexico. Stay strong in the Lord and he will give you blessings and even greater tasks.

    ReplyDelete